Since massage therapy has become the new big trend, more and more people have started opting for it. The reason for this is that this therapy allows individuals to release pains, stresses, and tensions, while gaining maximum benefits and relaxation. However, when it comes to massage therapy, there are a few dos and don’ts every individual must be aware of to get the most out of a single therapy session.
To make your massage therapy experience even better, we have the top dos and don’ts for you!
- You must be on time, or even a few minutes earlier than the scheduled time. The reason being earlier is recommended is so that you can get “your fully-allotted time” and get the paperwork done early as well.
- It is important to shower before the sessions. It will make a good impression on the masseuse. Moreover, it is a common hygienic practice, and the experience will be better overall.
- Let your masseuse leave the room before you take your clothes off. Even though your masseuse has to deal with undressed bodies the entire day, it certainly does not mean they are open to seeing you take your clothes off.
- Make sure you are telling your masseuse about any injuries or major surgeries you have undergone. This means ALL the injuries or surgeries you have had in your entire life because it will make a difference.
- You must speak up if something does not feel right. The best massage is the one that makes your eyes close, but if yours are not, it means there is something wrong. Feel free to let your masseuse know so they can change what they are doing and provide you with the best experience.
- No matter how relaxed you may feel, it is important to leave on time. As amazing as your masseuse may be, you need to know that he/she has other clients as well.
- Let your friends know. The best compliment for a masseuse is when there are clients coming in with reference; this shows him/her that she provided his/her clients with top-notch services.
- Try not to go for a massage when you have a contagious condition or if you are sick. Why? Because you don’t want to get everyone else sick. In case you are, you must call the reception and reschedule your appointment.
- It is not a sin to have hairy legs, whether you are a man or a woman. Masseuses deal with all sorts of clients every single day, making them used to all these things.
- Make sure you are not going in for massage therapy if you have consumed alcohol or have taken drugs in the past 24 hours. Narcotics are the last thing you would want in your system when you are getting a massage because it is dangerous and unethical to massage someone under the influence.
These are the top dos and don’ts when you are getting a massage. Simply by following these you will be heightening the benefits of your massage while getting ultimate relaxation.
Give us a call at (780)455-2112 or visit www.ocwc.ca to book online with one of our registered massage therapists!