Apart from the relaxation provided by a massage, massage therapy can also be the best way for improving mental health, physical being, and relieving all body pains. Researchers have proved that massage therapy improves comfort and functioning of the human body. It can allow the body to overcome physical trauma and issues like depression, insomnia, and anxiety.
General Benefits of Massage Therapy
- It eases sore muscles and lessens other pains or aches.
- It provides with physical relaxation.
- It improves blood circulation and allows your body to get rid of any waste.
- It helps release compression in the nerves.
- It allows you to be more flexible.
- It triggers good energies.
- Clinical style massages help heal broken ligaments, tendons and muscles tears.
Conditions That Massage Therapy Can Improve
There are countless benefits of massage and how it can help the human body. It relaxes the muscle tissue that leads to less nerve compression, more space for joints and improved range of motion. This also leads to a better functioning body and less pain in the entire body.
Massage helps with blood circulation that leads to an enhancement of oxygen delivery, well-nourished muscle cells and aids with the removal of waste products. With better circulation, massage can treat conditions that cause inflammation. These conditions would include edema or arthritis (this is when there is an excessive amount of fluid in the tissues).
It is also believed that massage therapy provokes relaxation response that causes the heart rate and respiratory rate to lower down and helps with blood pressure. It strengthens the immune system and lessens the physical effects cause by stress.
Additional Benefits of Massage
- Massage helps fight again the symptoms of fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is a condition that causes muscle pain, bone tenderness, and fatigue. These symptoms can get worse if there is stress or lack of sleep involved. Massaging is the most effective and efficient way of reducing the pain associated with fibromyalgia as it can lessen all the discomfort and muscle pain the patients feel.
- Postsurgical habilitation centers have started using massage to help patients. It improves blood circulation, relaxes muscles, and helps with movement and flexibility. This way the person can be back on their feet in no time.
- There is no secret that massaging can make you feel better and relaxed. Additionally, it lessens anxiety and depression people feel. Massaging releases good hormones in the human body, namely dopamine and serotonin.
- Migraines are often caused by bad sleeping patterns and stress. Massaging provides people will better sleep which leads to fewer migraine attacks. The effects of massage can last up to 3 weeks, so getting regular massages can banish all headaches.
- Massage lowers blood pressure and helps prevent heart attacks and strokes. Getting regular 10-minute massages can relax the body while lowering blood pressure.
Since massage therapy is so beneficial, making it a part of a regular routine is a smart thing to do!